Our Oncology Critical Care Unit has been open since December 2006 with state of the art facilities for patients, their relatives and staff including high-tech equipment to support eight level 2/3 specialist critical care beds.
The unit provides an in-house pharmacy and laboratory, staff training rooms and overnight rooms for relatives and staff. We also provide an outreach support services for patients once they have been discharged from the critical care unit.
The critical care team have also begun a partnership with University Hospital South Manchester to provide enhanced clinician, MDT and advice for the clinician and nursing teams, as well as on site specialist support in cardiology, respiratory, renal and acute medicine.
The critical care team
- Dr Phil Haji-Michael - Clinican director acute and critical care
- Dr Vidya Kasipandian - Clinical lead critical care
- Claire O'Rourke - Service manager acute and critical care
- Hazel Evans - Ward manager acute and critical care
- Jude McLellan - Resucitation and outreach specialist
- Nicky Parkin - Critical care practice educator
- Lyn Bushell - Senior matron
Contact the critical care team
The critical care team can be contacted on 0161 446 7055.