At The Christie, we are committed to putting patients at the heart of everything we do and keeping you safe from infection.
We have very small numbers of infection and we do this by:
- We screen 100% of patients coming in to stay in the hospital for MRSA (a type of antibiotic resistant 'bug')
- For patients who are an emergency admission we provide antibacterial therapy to provide protection against 'bugs'
Our core team is comprised of:
- Nurses: is led by a lead nurse and supported by two specialist nurses
- Doctors: a consultant microbiologist and consultant virologist
- Matrons: who lead on infection prevention and control as part of their daily rounds
We have a very high levels of cleanliness in the hospital.
Our domestics and housekeepers are a very important part of our infection prevention and control team and pride themselves with ensuring high standards of cleanliness in wards and clinical departments.
We encourage all our patients to ask their doctor, nurse or carer if they have washed their hands.
We continuously monitor our staff for their hand washing practices and we regularly score 100% on hand washing audits.
All staff, patients and visitors have access to alcohol hand gel at the entrance to the hospital and into each ward and clinical department.