At The Christie, we benefit from state-of-the-art buildings and international standard facilities that support our world-class skills and expertise.
- The Christie's National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Facility (CRF) is a dedicated facility specialising in early-phase and first-in-human clinical research trials. It houses outpatient, phlebotomy and day-care treatment areas and a pre-analytic processing laboratory. The CRF also provides specialist staff, monitors clinical trials, supports volunteer participants, administers treatments and processes and stores samples.
- The Wade centre is a dedicated radiotherapy research facility. It is one of the largest radiotherapy units in the world. The centre provides radiotherapy-based cancer researchers with advanced level imaging equipment that is only available at a limited number of sites worldwide.
- The proton beam therapy centre at The Christie is the first of its kind in the NHS. Its unique research room is used in clinical research studies for children and young people.
- The new state-of-the-art cancer research centre being built on the site of our former Paterson building will bring together scientists, clinicians and allied health professionals working on research at The Christie.
The Christie also hosts facilities for organisations that we partner in.
- Manchester Cancer Research Centre (MCRC) brings together top experts and resources for cancer research.
- Innovate UK Manchester Advanced Therapy Centre Hub (iMATCH) improves access to advanced therapies.
- Manchester Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC) delivers experimental medicine clinical research studies.