Our partnerships and collaborations help us deliver high quality clinical trials, attract top researchers and develop practice-changing cancer research.
The Christie partners in a number of key health and research initiatives and organisations.
- Manchester Cancer Research Centre (MCRC) is an innovative organisation bringing together top experts and resources for cancer research.
- Innovate UK Manchester Advanced Therapy Centre Hub (iMATCH) improves access to advanced therapies, is coordinated by the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult and is one of three Innovate UK funded Advanced Therapy Centres nationally.
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Manchester Clinical Research Facility (CRF) at The Christie delivers dedicated research study space in Manchester as part of an NIHR funded national CRN network.
- NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) transforms scientific breakthroughs into treatment as part of an NIHR funded national BRC network.
- Manchester Academic Health Science Centre (MAHSC) promotes regional clinical research excellence. The Christie leads on key areas including promoting translation of academic life sciences research into practice.
- NIHR Greater Manchester Patient Safety Translational Research Centre (PSTRC) develops and tests new ideas and approaches to patient safety and is one of three PSTRCs in the country. The Christie leads on areas of work including researching patient safety.
- Manchester Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC) develops new cancer treatments and is part of a North of England network.
The Christie collaborate in national health and research networks and initiatives.
- Manchester Early Recognition of Cancer and Decision Options (MERCARDO) combines international early cancer detection resources and expertise as part of the CRUK International Alliance for Cancer Early Detection (ACED).
- Health Data Research UK Hub for Cancer (DATA-CAN) speeds up research nationally for new medicines and treatments for cancer.
- NIHR Applied Research Collaboration for Greater Manchester (ARC GM) finds new and better ways of preventing illness and providing care as part of an NIHR ARC national network.
- Manchester Radiation Research Unit develops national radiotherapy services and research as part of the CRUK Radiation Research Network (RadNet) national network.
- North West Genomic Laboratory Hub delivers genomic testing for gene alterations as part of a national network of Genomic Laboratory Hubs.
The Christie collaborates on a range of regional health and research initiatives, including the following.
- Health Innovation Manchester (HIM) discovers innovations to improve regional health and wellbeing.
- Manchester Breast Centre promotes collaborative working amongst breast cancer specialists in Manchester.
- Greater Manchester Cancer is the cancer programme of Greater Manchester's devolved health and social care system.
The Christie work with national and international industry organisations including Roche, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline and Celgene. We also work with clinical research organisations (CROs) Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD), IQVIA and Paraxel.