There has been a year on year increase in demands for acute, chronic & complex pain assessments for surgical & non-surgical patients. This increased demand on the service has led to further developments in closer links with the palliative care and symptom support team, to ensure a multi-professional approach to support cancer patients at the Christie.
The appointment of a dedicated pain consultant has enabled us to further expand the range of services available to all Christie patients. The team can now provide a comprehensive cancer pain service for in & outpatients, expert advice to colleagues regarding the on-going management of acute, chronic & complex pain, follow up care for patients with on-going pain problems via consultant led ward rounds & outpatient clinics.
Key clinical staff
- Julian Scott Warren, consultant in pain and critical care
- Clare Stubbs, lead Pain specialist nurse
- Sarah Jones Holt, acute pain nurse specialist
- Sharon Cundy, pain specialist nurse
- Dr P Haji-Michael, consultant in critical care medicine and anaesthesia
- Dr C Van Oldenbeek, consultant in critical care medicine and anaesthesia