For up to date local public transport information, use the TfGM journey planner tools below:
Enter "The Christie NHS Foundation Trust" in the "to" or "from" box dependent on direction of travel.
Alternatively ring Traveline on: 0871 200 2233 (7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 8am to 8pm at weekends and bank holidays)
Calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
Bus services to Wilmslow Road from
- Manchester Piccadilly 42, 42A, 142,
- Stockport 42
- East Didsbury 42, 142
- Reddish 42A
- Ashton, Droylsden, Levenshulme, Chorlton 169*
- Cheadle, East Didsbury 42B
- Newall Green, Sharston, Burnage Train Station, Stockport 179
Bus services to Palatine Road from:
- Manchester Piccadilly 41, 43, 143
- Northenden, Sale 41
- Northernden, Timperley, Altrincham Interchange 370*
- Wythenshawe Interchange, Timperley, Mauldeth Road Train Station 178*
- West Didsbury Metrolink 141, 143
- Northernden, Wythenshawe Interchange , Manchester Airport 43
* Services do not pass the hospital directly
West Didsbury station
Metrolink is a light rail network operating throughout Greater Manchester. The fast frequent service is fully accessible to all, running 7 days a week, 364 days of the year.
For tram times, routes and prices follow the links below:
At the northbound and southbound exits there is directional signage pointing towards the route to The Christie.
Most main line trains arrive at Manchester Piccadilly and some of these also stop at Oxford Road Station. You can take a bus (any of the services listed above leaving Manchester Piccadilly bus station) or taxi to the Christie. Some trains arrive at Manchester Victoria, you can then take a taxi or bus.
- Mauldeth Road connected indirectly via bus 178 hourly.
- Burnage connected indirectly via bus 179 to Withington village hourly.
- East Didsbury connected directly via buses 42, 42A, 42B and 142.
Or telephone National Rail enquiries on 08457 484 950
The Christie is located 30 minutes away from Manchester International Airport.
Manchester International Airport is connected directly by the 43 bus service that is fully accessible to all, running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year