Help with travel and costs

You may be eligible for help with travel costs if you or your partner receives an income-related benefit. For more information on eligibility, please visit the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS) page on the NHS website.

The Trust no longer has an onsite cashiers’ office.

Claims can be submitted via a HC5 form. The form will tell you where you need to post it to – this will depend on the benefit you are claiming for. Please do not send your HC5 form to The Christie, as we will not process this.

Forms can printed online from the NHS website link above or found outside department 15/16, the security lodge (department 3) and the cancer information centre (department 3). Some other departments (e.g. radiotherapy, the Pat Seed department, the wig room etc.) may have them at the reception desk – please ask.

Some claims can be processed via email if you can provide the relevant eligibility. Please contact for more information.

Approved claims will be reimbursed by bank transfer (you will need to provide bank details for this).

If traveling by public transport, please include tickets with your claim.

Please note, taxi fare cannot be claimed. Patients who cannot travel by car or public transport due to a medical condition may be eligible for patient transport services. More information can be found on our ambulance transport for patients page.

For further information please email

Last updated: January 2024