If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, Maggie’s can help. Whatever kind of cancer and whatever stage you’re at – we're here with you.
Many of our staff are NHS-trained and all of our cancer support specialists have expert knowledge about cancer and treatment.
Our warm and welcoming centre is a place to unwind, a place to find information or switch off from it, a place to talk about cancer or forget about it – just come in.
Call 0161 641 4848 to speak to one of our cancer support specialists or visit the Maggie’s Manchester website for more information.
Read below for more information on what we do:
- Talk to a Cancer Support Specialist: Our Cancer Support Specialists can listen to how you're feeling, answer any questions you may have and help you find the support you need. You don't need an appointment, just come in.
- Help with money worries: Our Benefits Advisors can tell you what you're entitled to and help with practical things like parking permits and extra money you may be able to claim.
- Speak to a psychologist: If things are getting on top of you, if you're scared, worried or feeling down, we're here. You can see our psychologist in private, in a group or with your family.
- Courses: Managing Stress, Managing Fatigue and Where Now? Life after Treatment are some of the courses available at Maggie’s Manchester to support you with getting going again after a cancer diagnosis.
- Getting Started with Chemotherapy: This workshop will help you to understand what to expect when your chemotherapy treatment begins.
- Friends and family support group: This group is for people who are supporting people with cancer. It is a chance to talk and share experiences.
- Look Good Feel Better: Run in partnership with Look Good Feel Better, this one-off workshop teaches people with cancer how to manage some of the visible side-effects of treatment.
- Exercise: Exercise can lift your confidence and help you deal with the challenges of living with cancer. Groups include yoga and tai chi.
To register for any of our programmes and services, please visit Maggie’s Manchester to speak to one of our cancer support specialists.