Using a blended learning approach, we offer SPIKES ‘plus’, an evidence-based consultation framework along with other key communication skills and behaviours and test these on real examples drawn from your practice, in a safe and supportive learning environment.
Our training methods include:
- E-learning: (up to 90 minutes) evidence, skills and preparation
- 2-day experiential workshop: application, practice and feedback
- Transfer to practice: resources, reflection support
- Update and refresh evidence-based skills and principles for effective communication
- Discuss challenges such as breaking bad news, advanced care planning, handling anger or distress, difficult conversations with colleagues
- Practice key skills and principles, receive constructive feedback and test out alternative strategies
- Take away communication strategies that can be transferred to any interpersonal or professional context
Senior health and social care staff - band 6 (NHS) equivalent and above.
Register for the Advanced Communication Skills Training workshop
Last updated: November 2023