Analysing data to gain insight into cancer treatment and outcomes is a particular area of expertise at The Christie. We use mathematical models and computer technologies to extract, analyse and interpret data. This helps give clinicians the information they need to provide the best possible care. The data we use is already available at The Christie and covers topics like observations, diagnosis and treatments. This is sometimes called ‘real world’ data.
Our data insight research includes:
- developing systems for doctors to support their clinical decisions
- finding and comparing patterns in how people respond to treatment
- informing national decisions about cancer treatment and care
- finding evidence about the precision of different cancer treatments
- helping make sure the right people take part in the right medical research