World-class buildings and facilities support our delivery of excellence in cancer research.
At The Christie, we benefit from state-of-the-art buildings and international standard facilities that support our world-class skills and expertise.
- The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Manchester Clinical Research Facility (CRF) at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust specialises in early-phase and first-in-human clinical research trials. The CRF houses outpatient, phlebotomy and day-care treatment areas and a pre-analytic processing laboratory. It also provides specialist staff, monitors clinical trials, supports volunteer participants, administers treatments and processes and stores samples. It is one of 19 clinical research facilities funded by NIHR across the country.
- The Wade centre is a dedicated radiotherapy research facility. It is one of the largest radiotherapy units in the world. The centre provides radiotherapy-based cancer researchers with advanced level imaging equipment that is only available at a limited number of sites worldwide.
- The proton beam therapy centre at The Christie is the first of its kind in the NHS. Its unique research room is used in clinical research studies for children and young people.
- The new state-of-the-art cancer research centre on the site of our former Paterson building brings together scientists, clinicians and allied health professionals working on research at The Christie.
The Christie also hosts facilities for organisations that we partner in.
- Manchester Cancer Research Centre (MCRC) brings together top experts and resources for cancer research.
- Innovate UK Manchester Advanced Therapy Centre Hub (iMATCH) improves access to advanced therapies.
- Manchester Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC) delivers experimental medicine clinical research studies.