- Andrea Shaw – senior sister/unit manager
- Andrea Naden – nurse practitioner
- Helen McGlasson – nurse practitioner
- John Stanton – nurse practitioner
- Dr Jonathan Allen – consultant anaesthetist
- Bernadette Smythe – senior HCA
- Christine Jamieson – HCA
- Gulfam Riaz – reception
- John Tierney – domestic
On arrival to the pre-op department, please book in at the reception desk. You will be seen by a health care assistant and then a nurse practitioner. Some patients are also seen by a consultant anaesthetist during their visit.
We also have guest health care professional working alongside us each day. If appropriate, you may be seen by the following teams, as well as the pre-op nurse practitioner :
Attending your appointment
Once you have been given your appointment date please ensure you contact us if you have any special requirements so that we can ensure your appointment runs smoothly. For example if you are arriving by transport or have any mobility issues.
What should I bring with me?
It would be really helpful if you can do the following on the day of your appointment:
- Bring a list of all current medication with you
- Details of any allergies you have
- If you see a cardiologist or chest physician please bring any recent letters/contact details with you. Your GP will be able to help with this if you are unsure.
The pre-op appointment itself is usually approximately 60 minutes but you will be in the department for around 2 hours – or longer, depending on who needs to see you. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions, and the pre-op nurse practitioner will have lots of questions to ask you.
Where are we?
We are based in department 43 on Wilmslow Road.
- Phone us on: 0161 918 2168