Developments in radiotherapy allow us to target tumours with more accurate doses of radiation than ever before. Greater accuracy means that fewer healthy cells are damaged, which in turn means that stronger doses can be given, making treatment more effective and, sometimes, shorter.
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) and volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Stereotactic radiotherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Proton beam therapy
- Magnetic resonance linear accelerator (MR-linac)
- Bladder carbogen and nicotinamide (BCON) combined with radiotherapy
- Deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH)