Every May and November, The Christie is assessed against the BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality standard for Radiotherapy Services by an external assessor from the British Standards Institution (BSi). This practice has been in place since we first gained BSi accreditation in 1992.
This international standard provides the requirements for a quality management system which is a framework for an organisation to control its processes in order to meet customer, statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the radiotherapy service and the Christie’s own requirements.
Our BS EN ISO 9001:2008 compliance for radiotherapy assesses:
- The prescription, planning of external beam radiotherapy
- The associated treatment verifications to ensure safety and accuracy
- The assessment of patients undergoing radiotherapy
- Professional and technical support
- Administration, including internal audits
Your views are incredibly important to us, and as such, we would love you to engage in the NHS Friends and Family Test. At the end of your treatment, you will be sent an SMS message which allows you to anonymously provide feedback on the service you have received during your treatment.
To be part of this we ask is that you provide us with a valid mobile phone number when you attend for treatment.