Consultant Clinical Oncologist
0161 446 3641
MBBS, MRCP, FRCR
- Clinical lead, The Christie at Oldham
- Vice-chair, Electronic Prescribing Board
- Member, Paperless Clinical Record Board
- Member, Breast and Colorectal Disease Group
- Member, Clinical Oncology Consultants Group
- Chair, Medical Advisory Committee, The Christie Clinic
- Medical Director, LOC at The Christie Clinic
- Clinical Lead for Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression, Manchester
- Chair, Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression sub-committee, Manchester Cancer
Dr Vivek Misra graduated from JIPMER, Pondicherry, India in 1995 and was awarded the gold medal for the top undergraduate in his batch. He completed his post-graduate medical training in the UK gaining his MRCP (UK) in 1999 and his specialist training in Clinical Oncology at Newcastle and obtained his FRCR (Oncology) in 2003.
He has been working at The Christie Hospital as a Consultant in Clinical Oncology since 2005. He is a member of the Breast and Gastrointestinal Cancers Disease Groups and has a special interest in the management of Spinal Cord Compression and late effects of Pelvic radiotherapy. He is also involved in the development to new radiotherapy techniques, including stereotactic body radiotherapy at The Christie.
As chair of the Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression (MSCC) Group he leads the MSCC service in Manchester and has helped develop an integrated co-ordination service in the area, which is unique in the country; bringing together a multi-disciplinary team to provide high quality care for this complex group of patients.
He is a Principal Investigator in national clinical trials covering breast, colorectal and MSCC.
The Christie Private Care
Dr. Misra also practises privately at The Christie Private Care
- Contact: 0161 918 7296
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org