Consultant Haematologist with a specialist interest in laboratory and diagnostic haematology
0161 446 3278
BSc, MBBS, MD, FRCP, FRCPATH
Started at The Christie (Year)
Consultant Haematologist with a Lead role for Diagnostic Haematology and the Haematology Laboratory
Honorary Consultant (Central Manchester Foundation NHS Trust) and Diagnostic Haematopathologist Greater Manchester Haematology Cancer Diagnostic Partnership
- Qualified in Medicine at St Thomas’s Hospital London (1987).
- Trained in Haematology in Manchester, Plymouth and Bristol 1990-1997.
- MD (University of London) - research on properties of stem cells in Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia.
- Consultant Haematologist Royal Stoke University Hospital (RSUH) 1997-2018 and Clinical Director for Pathology (RSUH) 2014-2018
- Honorary Lecturer University of Birmingham and Reporting Consultant for Midlands Integrated Reporting for Haemato -Oncology (MIRHO), Department of Immunology, Birmingham Medical School 2011-2018.
- Haematology Training Program Director role - West Midlands Deanery 2013-2016.
- Diagnostic pathways for efficient and cost effective diagnosis of Haematological malignancy
- Diagnosis and management of Waldenstroms Macroglobulinaemia.
Educational supervision of Specialist Registrars and optimal use of the e-portfolio for documentation and assessment of training.