Consultant Clinical Oncologist
0161 918 7442
MB, ChB, MRCP, FRCR, MD
Started at The Christie (Year)
- Treatment of lung cancer and lymphoma with chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Treatment of lung cancer with intraluminal therapy.
- Core member of the North West sector multidisciplinary team for lung cancer and lymphoma
- Lead for adult total body irradiation
- Visiting Clinical Oncologist at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (Wigan), treating lung cancer and lymphoma patients
Dr Chan qualified in 2002 with a degree in Medicine and European studies from the University of Manchester. Prior to her oncology specialist training at The Christie, she completed general medical training in Manchester and also worked at the Royal Marsden Hospital and in Australia.
Her research MD investigated targeted radionuclide therapy in EGFR overexpressing solid tumours. In 2014 she was awarded an ESTRO fellowship grant to attend the ECCO-AACR-EORTC-ESMO Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, where she wrote the protocol for a phase I clinical trial combining radiotherapy and immunotherapy. Since then she has been involved in the development of early phase trials involving radiotherapy and novel agents.
She was appointed as a Consultant in Clinical Oncology at The Christie in 2015, and has a special interest in the treatment of lung cancer and lymphoma.
Investigating enhancing the effectiveness of radiotherapy by combining it with novel agents
Dr Chan was the lead for year 5 undergraduate education between 2014-2016. She is a project supervisor for year 3 and 4 APEP projects and an OSCE examiner.
She also speaks regularly at postgraduate educational events and is an examiner on Christie FRCR part II course