Consultant psychiatrist in psycho-oncology
0161 446 8004
Started at The Christie (Year)
Roles/responsibilities at The Christie:
- Assessing and treating in-patients and out-patients with mental health difficulties at The Christie
I have been a consultant psychiatrist since 2010 and have held consultant positions in Merseyside, Wales and York in liaison psychiatry, old age psychiatry and medical management. I worked as a medical director for three years for an independent hospital where I was also the Caldicott Guardian and the Responsible Officer for revalidating doctors’ licences to practice.
I have held academic positions (employed and honorary) with the University of Central Lancashire, Bangor University and the Institute of Mental Health (University of Nottingham).
- Group analysis as a psychotherapeutic treatment and research method
- Mental health and its relationship to gender and sexuality
- Using mentalisation techniques to manage staff stress during care interventions
- Post-graduate training of doctors and physician associates
- Mental health of professionals