Consultant Clinical Oncologist
0161 446 3360
MBChB MRCP FRCR
Anal cancer, Colorectal
Started at The Christie (Year)
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy for colorectal and anal cancers.
- Education lead for junior doctors, co-ordinating all junior doctor training at The Christie including clinical and education supervision.
- Integral member of service development groups including pelvic radiotherapy and chemotherapy delivery.
- Visiting Clinical Oncology Consultant to Royal Bolton Hospital.
- Core member of Multidisciplinary Meetings at Royal Bolton Hospital, Manchester Royal Infirmary and Stepping Hill Hospital.
Dr Alam joined The Christie as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist in September 2010 after completing her specialist training at both The Christie and Royal Preston Hospital.
Dr Alam is a graduate of St Andrews University and University of Manchester specialising in colorectal and anal cancers.