We have a wide range of booklets available on all areas of cancer. We also offer free confidential advice for cancer related issues, including:
- Information, advice and emotional support on treatment
- Side effects and supportive care
- Talking to children
- Complementary therapy services
- Smoking cessation services
- Benefits, finances and grants
- Counselling and support groups
- Health promotion
- Travel insurance
- Preparing for hair loss (Headstrong) sessions
- Wig vouchers
- Look Good, Feel Better sessions
Opening hours and contact
The information centre at The Christie at Salford is open between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. It is closed bank holidays.
Telephone: 0161 918 7804. You can also call the main reception on 0161 918 7800.
Drop-in and telephone support service
We offer a free confidential information and support to anyone affected by cancer. This gives you time to listen, time to talk and time to make sense of it all. This includes information and advice about:
- Talking to children when an adult has cancer.
- Counselling and support groups.
- Community support.
- Coping with life after treatment, including information on exercise, walking and gardening groups.
- Travel insurance.
Information is available from The Christie, Macmillan and a wide range of charities and organisations to support you and your family through diagnosis, treatment and recovery. We also provide information about screening, cancer awareness, and healthy living in a range of languages and formats including CDs and DVDs; easy-read booklets and books suitable for children.
Services we offer
In the information centre at The Christie at Salford, we also offer:
- A free parking scheme
- Referrals to local support groups and schemes.
Please call in to ask any questions, to pick up information or just to have a chat.
Volunteers make an invaluable contribution here at The Christie at Salford. If you are interested in volunteering with us or at any of The Christie NHS Foundation Trust sites, please see our volunteers page for more information and to find a role.