You will need to be actively under a Christie Consultant to be referred to our team.

In other circumstances, your GP should be able to point you to your adult Speech therapy service at your local General Hospital or community location for help.

If you are under a Christie consultant and have a communication difficulty, you can contact the speech and language therapy department directly or ask a member of staff to refer you.

If you have a swallowing difficulty, your Christie doctor will need to refer you to the department. 

You may be seen on the ward, during your outpatient clinic appointment with the oncology team, or in a separate outpatient appointment in the rehabilitation unit.  Afterwards, we may refer you to your local speech and language therapy team for follow up and closer monitoring. 

Last updated: May 2023