Keeping active and exercising during and after your proton beam therapy treatment can be very beneficial.
The physiotherapy service helps patients stay physically active throughout all stages of their treatment.
This may include:
- Specific rehabilitation to maximise function during and after treatment
- Personal exercise programmes to maintain or regain strength or flexibility, or to improve balance and coordination
- Supervised use of the gym including exercise classes
- Addressing any mobility problems and providing equipment as necessary
- Providing advice on maintaining a healthy lifestyle during treatment
- Helping patients continue their activity when they are at home e.g. signposting to local gyms and sports groups and referring to local services
The physiotherapy service is available to both inpatients and outpatients aged 16 and over, both during and after treatment.