ADAPT (Managed Local Follow up of Long-Term Lymphoma Survivors) is a planned individualised programme of care, that focuses on your future health and wellbeing now that your lymphoma has been treated and the risk of it returning is very low.
Some people, over time, may develop new health problems called late effects due to their lymphoma treatment. Helping to maintain optimal good health, identifying potential future health problems, and taking steps to minimise them is the purpose of ADAPT.
The role of the ADAPT lymphoma nurse specialist
Tracy is an experienced cancer nurse who has expertise in caring for patients with lymphoma. As your key worker for ADAPT, Tracy will:
- Discuss with you any concerns you may have about the possibility of developing long term effects because of your lymphoma treatment and any specific risks that you may be worried about.
- Talk with you about the impact on your emotional wellbeing, relationships with others and the impact on work and day to day living
- Help sign post you to further information or support or assist in referring you to other specialists if appropriate.
- Discuss ways of promoting good health and wellbeing.
- Be your main point of contact should you have concerns in the future about lymphoma returning and arrange for you to be seen at The Christie if necessary.
How to get in touch with the ADAPT team
You can contact Tracy by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 0161 956 1247 (answer machine available).