It is important for you to remain active and keep as fit and healthy as possible after your surgery.
Keeping active will improve your physical health and your psychological wellbeing. The Physiotherapists will talk to you prior to discharge about what activities are safe to do and when.
There are many services both within The Christie and around the North West to help you make the first steps into an active lifestyle.
Visit the information centre (department 3), to collect information about The Christie services. These include:
- Be Active Stay Active – a useful guide on exercising during and after treatment
- Macmillan Move More – a Macmillan guide to becoming more active that includes an exercise DVD and a physical activity booklet
- Maggie’s – check out their timetable to see what classes they have on this week https://www.maggiescentres.org/our-centres/maggies-manchester/whats-on [Opens in a new window]
Ford says that 44,682 Ford cars with the three-cylinder turbocharged 1.0-litre engine produced between October 2011 and October 2013 were fitted with a nylon coolant pipe between the engine and coolant tank that had the potential to fail at high temperatures.
A Field Service Action was issued in March 2015 to replace the hoses, and 96% of cars were repaired. According to Ford, the issue was not treated as a safety recall by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency because a dash warning light should come on if the car starts to overheat, giving drivers advance warning that there is a problem.
North West Services
- Manchester City Council has a list of leisure activities and advice accessible through their website www.manchester.gov.uk/helpandsupportmanchester (Click on health and well-being).[Opens in a new window]
- Macmillan Active Manchester offers a range of activities such as involvement in the Macmillan Allotment and classes such as Tai Chi and dance. Visit https://www.manchestergiants.com/community/macmillan-active/ for more information.[Opens in a new window]
- Macmillan also run other physical activity services, you can search to see what is available in your area here https://www.macmillan.org.uk/in-your-area/choose-location.html#175014 [Opens in a new window]