The complex discharge team is a Christie-based team who aim to support current in-patients with complex healthcare and nursing needs in relation to being discharged from hospital. This could be returning home, placement in a nursing home or transfer to another healthcare setting.
We accept referrals from the hospital multi-disciplinary team only.
What we do
- We will work alongside your clinical teams to help them decide the most appropriate setting for your future care, taking into account your preferred place of care.
- We may be able to help provide equipment for your home, items such as a hospital bed, pressure mattress and commodes. Equipment is based upon clinical need and eligibility in your local area.
- We can also liaise with community district nurses and other health workers about your care and discharge.
- We participate in the assessment processes for NHS Continuing Healthcare.
Where we are
Our main office is within department 3, adjacent to the rehabilitation unit and close to the main hospital entrance at Oak Road. We are not able to allow public access to the department.
- Christopher Smith – Lead nurse
- Samantha Emblow – Sister
- Pamela Fearns – Sister
- Diane Walton – Senior health care assistant
Contact the complex discharge team
We are available:
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm, excluding bank holidays and subject to change.
- Telephone number: 0161 446 3775