Our acute oncology service covers the following patient groups:
- Patients in whom a first diagnosis of cancer is made in the emergency setting.
- Patients with known cancer who present as an emergency with acute complications of non-surgical treatment – including Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy (SACT) or radiotherapy.
- Patients with known cancer who are acutely ill because of the disease itself.
We provide a 24/7 telephone contact advice line for advice to patients, carers and professionals.
The Christie Hotline
0161 446 3658
The principal role of the acute oncology services
- Defining the most clinically appropriate care pathway
- Improving patient experience
- Communication with and signposting to appropriate specialist advice and services
- Training and education