How do we use your personal data?
The Christie Library will use your data to:
- contact you about services or resources you have requested from the Library.
- contact you about existing or new services and resources.
How we will share your personal data?
The Christie Library will only share your data with the following organisations in order to deliver the services you have asked for:
- Organisations that supply and manage our library management system
We may also share your information with another library team if you move organisations (you will receive an email notification if this happens). In the case of the non-return of books we will need to share information with other organisations in order to recover the resource.
How do we obtain your personal data?
The Christie Library obtains data from a number of sources. These may include:
- personal data obtained as part of the registration processes for The Library;
- personal data supplied by organisations with whom we have a contractual arrangement, this may include Higher Education Institutions for whom the Christie provides placements;
- personal data held within Human Resources services at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust (for members of staff)
What personal information do we process?
The Christie Library may collect, maintain and use personal data relating to or about you. This may include:
- personal contact details such as name, job title, employer details, telephone numbers, and work and/or personal email addresses
- a record of the details you provided on your registration form
- information about you and your activities at The Christie Library
Will The Christie Library retain your personal data?
After leaving the Trust or unsubscribing, your information is kept on the library membership or OpenAthens for a maximum of 2 years to allow us to collect statistical data we are required to report on.
KnowledgeShare has a 2 year retention policy in order to allow you swiftly to move to other Trusts who use the system.
How do I access the personal data which is stored by The Christie Library?
You can see the data held about you and change your personal information at the following:
- The library management system (log on using your Library PIN)
- At the Knowledge Share website (using your NHS OpenAthens logon)
- At the Open Athens website (using your OpenAthens logon)
You can also request changes by emailing The-Christie.Library@nhs.net
Collection of Information
When your data is processed within The Christie Library we collect, store and use your personal information in line with this policy.
We will aim to ensure that the data we collect from you is necessary for the stated purpose.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, these include:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of any personal data that the Library collects, and how this data is used, retained and shared. There are some exemptions to this right.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to correct, update or complete data which is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete. There are circumstances when this right does not apply, including compliance with a legal obligation.
- Right to erasure (can also be known as the ‘right to be forgotten’): You can request that your personal data is erased or destroyed.
- Right to restriction: You can request that the use of your data is restricted.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and commonly used format.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the use or storage of your personal data.
- Automated individual decision making: You have the right not to be subject to automated processing, including profiling.
- Information on your individual rights is available at The Information Commissioner’s Office