In the medical education services team at The Christie, we encourage and support specialty tutors, educational and clinical supervisors to provide a positive learning environment for all trainees, from undergraduate medical students and foundation doctors through to newly qualified consultants and SAS doctors.
The medical education services directly supports all medical professionals undergoing training, as well as those who require further development to enhance and support their roles. Some of our medical education opportunities include:
- our medical students are allocated to clinical placements in blocks,
- our doctors in training are inducted via rotational dates each academic year to ensure they meet their competences in the field of oncology,
- our SAS workforce are directly supported with their continuing professional development needs,
- our consultant/SAS Workforce are provided with the training and development to establish their GMC Trainer Accreditation to ensure robust educational and clinical supervision of the trainee workforce,
- our fellows (trust grade/locally employed doctors) are also provided with the appropriate teaching programmes to establish themselves from not only a UK perspective, but also an international footprint which ensures the continuous development of our medical workforce model and enables all our doctors to acquire the skills and knowledge to deliver excellence in patient care and treatment.
- Ganesh Radhakrishna - associate director of postgraduate medical education
- Dr Lubna Bhatt - director of undergraduate medical education
- Eleanor McManus - head of workforce education and development
- Lesley Sala - medical and non-medical education manager
- Sharon Brook - postgraduate education manager
- Mathew Stephenson - undergraduate education manager
- Georgia Campbell - practice education co-ordinator
- Debbie Smith - senior education co-ordinator
- Anne-Marie Holmes - education co-ordinator
- Joanne Forsyth - education co-ordinator (fellowships)
- Janine Mitchell – education administrator
- Mohammed Dakak – education administrator
If you would like to learn more about medical education at The Christie please contact email@example.com.