At The Christie, we love hearing from you across the social media platforms that we use. To ensure that everyone has a positive, informative and safe experience, we have a few house rules for being part of our online community.
We're here to share our information and stories and to help in any way that we can, but we expect users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them. We want our social media channels to be safe spaces, which is why we have a short set of house rules:
- We will remove, in whole or in part, posts that we feel are inappropriate, or discriminatory against any individual or group.
- You are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share.
- We will remove messages and/or disable comments (where function allows) including reporting and/or blocking users on our social media channels who post messages at us which we believe are:
- Spam and off-topic content (persistent negative and/or abusive posts in which the aim is to provoke a response)
- Content that is primarily aimed to discredit our community members, or our Trust
- Abusive or obscene
- Deceptive or misleading
- In violation of any intellectual property rights, including copyright
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Promotional material, including links to external websites and promotions·
Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform. We will not tolerate or respond to abusive messages.