Roles in the support services cover a range of tasks across the Trust.
Support services staff within the Trust may not be involved in direct patient care but are absolutely essential. They help keep patients and staff safe and ensure the smooth running of our services.
Below is a sample of the different roles and employment opportunities available within the Trust.
- Catering assistants
- Linen room assistants
- Switchboard operators
- Estates management
- Building and engineer maintenance – e.g. plumbers, electricians, joiners and painters and decorators
- Sterile services
- Electro Biomedical Engineering Technicians (EBME)
- Environmental management – e.g. energy management
- Fire safety advisors
Why work at The Christie
Working in the NHS means you’ll receive a fair rate of pay. The pay system for the NHS, Agenda for Change, is for all directly employed staff except doctors and the most senior managers.
You can read more about Agenda for Change on the NHS Employers website.
You will receive at least 27 days' holiday each year plus bank holidays. You will also get a range of other benefits including:
- a generous pension scheme
- access to our complementary therapy service
- access to occupational health and counselling services
If you want to join a leading and supportive NHS trust, take a look at all our current support staff roles.