At The Christie, we are proud to provide:
- radiotherapy in one of the world’s largest radiotherapy departments
- chemotherapy in the UK’s largest chemotherapy unit
- highly specialist surgery for complex and rare cancers
- a wide range of support and diagnostic services
We have a range of work opportunities for medical staff including roles in:
- theatres and surgery
- acute and critical care
- medical and clinical oncology
- haematology and young adults
- radiology and histopathology
We have been named as one of the best hospitals providing opportunities for patients to take part in clinical research studies by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). Our trials portfolio is the largest in the UK, with over 550 active clinical studies.
As a Consultant or SAS doctor, you will be benefit from full, part-time flexible working opportunities available as appropriate. Our well-established fellowship programme would also support you in career development.
We actively encourage and support the personal and professional development of our medical workforce. We always aim to deliver the highest standards of compassionate care to our patients.
Why work at The Christie
Working in the NHS means you’ll receive a fair rate of pay. The pay system for the NHS, Agenda for Change, is for all directly employed staff except doctors and the most senior managers.
You can read more about Agenda for Change on the NHS Employers website.
You will receive at least 27 days' holiday each year plus bank holidays. You will also get a range of other benefits including:
- a generous pension scheme
- access to our complementary therapy service
- access to occupational health and counselling services
If you want to join a pioneering and leading NHS trust, take a look at all our current medical and dental roles.