Acute oncology teams at all acute Trusts and The Christie support the care of cancer patients who present as an emergency, especially those on current or recent treatment. For patients undergoing treatment for cancer, all infective episodes need to be rapidly assessed and treated urgently with antibiotics.
- Systemic Response Syndrome
- Neutropenia definitions
- Assessment of septic patient
- Initial treatment, febrile at Day 4-6
- Antibiotics, Empirical Treatments, removal of IV Lines, suitable IV antibiotic regimens.
- Early and appropriate assessment and treatment of patients with life threatening infections
Document Owner: - Dr P Haji-Michael
Accountable Committee: - Sepsis Steering Group
Date Approved: - January 2020
Review date: - April 2021
Target: - All clinicians