Volunteers are vital to The Christie charity. Our charity events and day-to-day work could not function without their generous support.
If you volunteer for The Christie charity, you can help us to raise vital funds to benefit cancer patients. And what’s more, you’ll meet new people, gain new skills and have lots of fun!
Whether you want to help out with a one-off event or you want to give your time more regularly, there are lots of volunteering opportunities with The Christie and The Christie charity.
Take a look of some of the ways you can get involved below.
- Help at bucket collections. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Help at charity events. Whether you want to cheer on participants, dress as our bear mascot or marshal at walks, email email@example.com to find out more.
- Volunteer in the charity office providing administrative support. You can see available roles on our find a role page.
- Serve in the May Draper tea bar at The Christie. Please see current roles on our find a role page.
- Hold a public cash collection. Fill in our request a fundraising pack form to sign up.
- Join a fundraising group. Check out our fundraising groups page to find out about existing groups or set up your own.
How to volunteer
If you want to find out about volunteer roles within the hospital and The Christie charity, check out our find a role page.
What our volunteers say
"You will meet some amazing people, get access to learn wonderful new things, get to attend some amazing events and locations, and you'll help to change someone's future; including even your own."
- Botsang Muchengwa, Christie volunteer
"Every event is different and exciting, you meet a wide range of people all coming to do something amazing, I love talking to people so this seemed like the ideal way that I could help out and give something back. The Christie charity team are brilliant and I love working with them."
- Charmain Sangster, Christie volunteer