Due to updated guidance to reduce the spread of COVID-19, this event has been postponed until autumn 2020. We will give more information when we have a new date for this.
Terms and Conditions
By completing the registration form you agreeing to the rules of the disclaimer notice.
- All participants should satisfy themselves that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- The organisers reserve the right to prohibit individuals from taking part.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the organisers or their appointed agents at all times.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- If participants are taking medication which could cause drowsiness, or other side effects please seek medical advice before completing the entry form.
- The maximum weight allowance for participants is 17.5st.
- The minimum age for participants is 10 and if participants are under 16 they must have the consent of a parent or guardian and must be accompanied by an adult on the day of the event.
- No refunds can be given.
- The Christie reserves the right to change the publicised venue at any point up to the day of the event.
- Participants permit The Christie to use any photographs taken during the races for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the World Wide Web.
- The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner. Liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
Please note: The minimum weight of 6st (38kg) and maximum weight restriction is 17.5st (111kg).
What is the minimum age?
There is no minimum or maximum age to take part however there is a minimum and maximum weight.
What is the minimum weight limit?
The minimum weight limit is 38kg (6 stone).
What is the maximum weight limit?
The maximum weight limit is 111kg (17.5 stone).
Is there anything that could prevent me from taking part?
Zip sliders should be physically fit to take part.
If you are in any doubt about your ability to take part please contact your GP.
Can I choose what time I take part?
You’ll be allocated a time slot. Zips will take place on a rolling schedule therefore we won’t be able to guarantee your start time.
What should I wear?
We will send you a Christie t-shirt to wear on the day.
We recommend you wear trainers and securely fastened shoes. No sandals, slip-on shoes, flip flops or high heels. Please also refrain from wearing boots of anything that may interfere with ankle harnesses.
The harness goes around your waist and so it is best to avoid anything too bulky.
Tie any long hair back.
Skirts are not recommended!
Who will be training me and supervising my Zip Slide?
The day is being run by event professionals UK Zip Slide. Their fully trained technicians will supervise all elements of the day to ensure your zip is safe and enjoyable.
Do I have to raise the full £125 to participate?
We’d like you to try to raise the full £125 before the event, but we can appreciate that some people won’t sponsor you until after the event so you’ll have until the end of July to raise sponsorship. Don’t forget £125 is only a minimum target!
What’s the best way to raise funds?
The easiest way to raise this money is to set up an online giving page and share it with friends, family and colleagues. All donations are sent directly to us so you don’t have to worry about collecting it post-event.
You can set up and personalise your JustGiving page.
Can I bring spectators?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring spectators.
This event has been postponed