Imagine the exhilaration of jumping out of a plane at 11,000 feet!
Think of the thrill of the wind rushing past you as you freefall at 120mph, the freedom of gliding down through the clouds and the spectacular views all around as you descend.
Stop imagining, let’s take that leap together! Join us at the Black Knights Parachute Centre in Lancashire and help make a real difference to the lives of cancer patients, both now and in the future.
Are you up for the challenge of a lifetime?
Registration for the skydive challenge is just £50. You just need to pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £400, with full support from the sporting events team.
Spaces are limited and are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Get in touch
If you have any questions please get in touch with the sporting events team by calling 0161 446 3400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't worry if you can't make our September 2020 or April 2021 skydive - we'll have other dates available in 2021. To register your interest, please email email@example.com and we'll get in touch when registration is open.
Skydive Terms & Conditions
By signing up for the skydive you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- Participants must be aged 16 years or over. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Participants must weigh under 15 stone for men and 13 stone for females. BMI may also be taken into account.
- The £50.00 booking fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Participants must pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £400 for The Christie.
- Time allocations are given as a guide only and may be subject to change due to matters beyond the control of The Christie and Black Knights Parachute Centre.
- Please arrive on time for your jump. Late arrivals may miss their time allocation and may have to wait for the next available slot. NOTE: 8am are the priority slots.
- Should the weather be unsuitable for jumping on the day, an alternative day will be arranged.
- You must comply with Black Knights Parachute Centre rules and instructions at all times.
- The principal medical restrictions for all jumps are diabetics, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma. If in doubt please contact us for further information.
- You will be required to sign a BPA medical form before you jump declaring your fitness to take part. This form will be sent to you upon receipt of registration but is also available on request.
- Participants under 18 years old will need the BPA medical form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Participants over 70 years old and those with a medical condition will need a different BPA medical form to be signed by their GP.
- If necessary you should gain advice from your GP as to whether you are physically prepared to undertake the challenge.
- The final decision on the suitability of any individual to skydive or parachute rests solely with Black Knights Parachute Centre and its instructors.
All participants are covered by the British Parachute Association Liability Public Insurance Policy up to £2 million for liability to Third Parties. Please note this does not cover you or your dependants for personal injury or death. We strongly recommend you to take out your own insurance cover for personal accident benefits to whatever level you consider appropriate. If in doubt please seek independent advice. The Christie charity and Black Knights Parachute Centre accept no responsibility for any injury incurred whilst undertaking the challenge.
Parachute and skydiving are an extreme sport and as such are potentially dangerous activities with the possibility of injury or death. Appropriate training is given to all participants and to minimise the risks you must apply that training diligently and fully. If you cannot accept the risks then you should not participate.
Is there an age limit?
Participants must be aged 16 or over. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants over the age of 70 will need their GP to sign a BPA medical form and contact Black Knights Parachute Centre beforehand for a risk assessment.
Is there a weight restriction?
Male participants must weight under 15 stone and female participants must weight under 13 stone. BMI may also be taken into account so if you are above the limit please get in touch.
Is there anything else that could prevent me from skydiving?
You cannot take part if you are pregnant. If you have a disability or health issue which could affect your ability to take part please contact the charity team and we’ll be happy to discuss your requirements.
Do I need a medical?
If you are under the age of 70 and have no medical conditions you will be able to sign yourself off as being fit to jump, otherwise you will need your GP to sign the BPA 115B medical form. The principal medical restrictions for all jumps are diabetics, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma. Please get in touch with the charity team for more information.
Do I need insurance?
All participants are covered by the British Parachute Association Liability Public Insurance Policy up to £2 million for liability to Third Parties. Please note this does not cover you or your dependants for personal injury or death. We strongly recommend you to take out your own insurance cover for personal accident benefits to whatever level you consider appropriate. If in doubt please seek independent advice.
The Christie charity and Black Knights Parachute Centre accept no responsibility for any injury incurred whilst undertaking the challenge. If you would like to purchase individual cover, Black Knights recommend insurance from Skycover. Please quote 'Black Knights Parachute Centre"
Where does the event take place?
The skydive takes place at Black Knights Parachute Centre, Hillam Lane, Cockerham, Lancashire, LA2 0DY.
How long will the event take?
Please allow a minimum of 3-4 hours at the centre, but be aware that it can be an all-day event.
What time will I do my skydive?
You will be allocated a registration time a few weeks before the event. Please be aware, this is your arrival time not your jump time
Can my friend and I skydive at the same time?
If you let us know that you would like to take part with someone else you will be allocated the same registration time. The Black Knights team will allocate participants to planes on the day, they will do their best to accommodate your request but please be aware it’s not always possible.
Do I need to train?
You will have a short training session on the day from one of the tandem instructors.
How much do I have to raise?
Participants must raise the £400 minimum sponsorship. We appreciate that some people won’t sponsor you until after the event so you’ll have until a month after your skydive to raise the sponsorship
How high do I jump from?
You will skydive from 11,000ft. There is an option to pay to upgrade to a 15,000ft skydive on the day
Can I have my skydive filmed?
Yes. The Black Knights Parachute Centre team will discuss filming options with you when you arrive at the even
Can I bring spectators?
Yes, the more the merrier! Please be aware there are no activities for children, it can be a long day so we recommend you bring books or toys to keep small children occupied
Is there a café on site?
Yes. It serves hot and cold drinks and snacks. There is also a large picnic area.
What if my skydive is cancelled?
If your skydive is cancelled due to poor weather conditions you will be contacted the day before or on the morning. We will work with you to rearrange your skydive.
Sunday 20 September 2020 and Saturday 17 April 2021
Black Knights Parachute Centre, Lancaster
Registration is £50 | Minimum sponsorship applies