Ignite your spirit of adventure and brave The Waters Firewalk for The Christie this spring!
Firewalking is the practice of walking barefoot on hot embers. A firewalk can help overcome fear and inspire people to do things they didn’t think possible. It’s the perfect challenge for team building or personal development.
The Waters Firewalk will be managed by industry experts, UK FIREWALK. Before taking your first footsteps across the fiery coals, they will provide an hour-long training session to help you perfect your technique and spark your excitement for the challenge ahead!
The fun starts at 3pm.
Everyone taking part will be treated to a fiery Spanish-style meal served straight after the event so be sure to include your dietary requirements on your registration form.
Join Team Christie today and you can help us to make a real difference to the lives of cancer patients and their families. By taking part in this event, you will help ensure The Christie continues to provide world-class care and remains at the forefront of pioneering cancer research.
Please note: this is a Waters employee event.
Want a place?
Sign up now for £25. Waters are committed to raising a total of £5,000 or more for The Christie.
We would ask you raise to raise £50 in sponsorship as a minimum - if you raise more than this, even better!
So, the question is can you stand the heat? Don’t miss out on the opportunity to take part in this exhilarating challenge - sign up for The Waters Firewalk for The Christie now.
By signing up to the Waters Christie Firewalk, you are agreeing to the rules of this disclaimer.
- All participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- The Christie reserves the right to prohibit individuals from taking part.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the organisers at all times.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and be supervised at all times during the event.
- Participants permit The Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner. Liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All participants must be mindful and considerate of other participants and the general public.
- We value your support and promise to respect your privacy. By providing your personal information you agree to us recording your details on our database, so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us. We will also contact you from time to time by phone, email, text or post to tell you about how we can support you and how you can get involved with our team. Your details will be kept securely and only shared with our suppliers or partners who work on our behalf or with us to deliver and improve services for people affected by cancer. We never sell or swap your details with third parties. If you prefer us not to use your details in this way, you can email email@example.com, telephone 0161 446 3988, or write to us at The Christie charity, 2-4 Candleford House, Manchester, M20 3JH.
- No refunds can be given.
- The Christie reserves the right to change the publicised location and date at any point up to the day of the event.
Is there an age limit?
Minimum age is 12 years old. 12 to 17 year-olds must have a parent/guardian consent to take part in the event and must be supervised at all times.
How far is The Christie Firewalk?
The Christie Firewalk is around 6-foot-long, depending on the venue and weather conditions.
Will I burn my feet?
Before you take to the coals, you will attend a 1-hour training session on how to walk across hot coals safely and confidently.
Can I come in fancy dress?
You can wear fancy dress, but you must have bare legs up to your knees.
How long does The Christie Firewalk last?
The training session lasts 1 hour, and the firewalking will last around another hour.
Can I bring spectators?
Yes, the more the merrier – although spectators aren’t able to attend the training session.
What if it’s raining?
A firewalk can still go ahead in the rain because the heat evaporates the moisture before it reaches the fire.
Can anyone take part?
As long as you can walk, you can take part in a firewalk. You can also be aided across the coals if you need extra support.
If you’re in doubt if you can take park in a firewalk or not, please seek advice from your doctor.
This event has now passed