The Walk of Hope is a fun and uplifting event for all the family. You’ll walk 10km through the beautiful grounds of Tatton Park in honour of the treatment and care provided by The Christie on Saturday 23 September 2023.
Families, friends and individuals all join together to walk together in memory, celebration and solidarity of current and past cancer patients.
Before the walk begins, you can enjoy lantern decorating, face painting and live entertainment - the site opens at 4pm. This will be followed by a peaceful dove release to start the walk at 5pm. After taking in the stunning scenery of Tatton Park, the evening will finish with a chorus of live music and fireworks.
Whether you are walking in memory, walking in support or walking in hope, we will all walk together in the fight against cancer.
Join Team Christie today and you can help us to make a real difference to the lives of cancer patients and their families.
As part of Team Christie you will get:
- Free Christie T-shirt
- Live entertainment
- On the day activities
- Walk of Hope finishers medal
- A great afternoon out while you support The Christie charity
Want a place?
Online registrations are now closed, you can sign up on the day at Tatton Park from 4pm. Please note payment will be card or exact cash only.
If you need a parking pass, please email email@example.com and we will be able to send you one over.
Watch our Walk of Hope video now to see what you can expect on the day.
What is the Walk of Hope?
The Walk of Hope is a 10k walking event being held on Saturday 23 September 2023. Money raised from the event goes to the support The Christie Charity.
Where does the Walk of Hope take place?
The Walk of Hope takes place in the beautiful grounds of Tatton Park.
Should I run or walk?
This is a walking event. We kindly ask that participants do not run.
Is the route suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs?
The route takes you through the grounds of Tatton Park where the ground is uneven. While participants have previously taken pushchairs on the route, we wouldn’t recommend the route for wheelchair users.
Can I bring my dog?
Is my registration fee refundable?
If the event is cancelled due to a situation beyond our control, your registration fee will be non-refundable.
If the event is cancelled by The Christie due to concern or restriction imposed by the Government regarding COVID-19 which would mean the event in unable to take place, we will try to arrange the event to take place at a later date, but we cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date, we will refund your registration fee.
What is included in the registration fee?
Your registration fee includes a Christie T-shirt, live entertainment and a Walk of Hope finisher medal.
Is there an age limit?
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Do I have to fundraise?
We encourage participants to aim to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship to help us continue our fight against cancer. Get in touch with a member of our events team if you would like any fundraising materials or need any advice, we are here to help!
Will the event be timed?
No, the event is not timed.
How long does it take?
Finishing times vary from participant to participant, depending on how fast or slow they walk. The Walk of Hope usually takes between 1 and a half and 3 hours.
Will there be first aid?
Yes, there will be first aiders. We all ask all participants to provide emergency contact details on the back of their walker number.
Do I have to pay for parking?
All participants will be sent a parking pass prior to the event so you will not be charged for parking in Tatton Park on the day of the event.
What should I wear?
Suitable footwear should be worn at all times. Suitable footwear includes hardwearing shoes, trainers and walking boots. Flip-flops and sandals are not suitable.
The Walk of Hope is an outside 10K event and will take place in all weather conditions. Participants must dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
Will there be refreshments?
Water will be provided for participants and there will be a food van at the start and finish. Participants are welcome to bring their own picnics to enjoy too.
By participating in the Walk of Hope 2023 in aid of The Christie charity (Registered charity no. 1049751), you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- By providing your details we will contact you by email, telephone and mail about your fundraising and your participation in relation to the event.
- Participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and be supervised at all times during the event.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- The Christie charity reserves the right to prohibit individuals from taking part
- You permit the Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- You accept that The Christie Charity are not liable for your possessions during the event.
- Your safety, and that of everyone else at the event, is of paramount importance to us. The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner, but liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- If the Walk of Hope is postponed or cancelled due to a situation beyond our control, we will try to re arrange the event to take place at a later date but cannot guarantee this will happen. Registration fees will be non-refundable under these circumstances.
- If the Walk of Hope is cancelled by The Christie Charity due to restrictions imposed by the Government registration COVID-19 or its variants, which would mean the event is unable to place as originally planned, we will try to rearrange the event to take place on an alternative date, but we cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date you will be able to request a refund or kindly gift your registration fee to The Christie Charity.
- The Christie Charity reserves the right to change the publicised route at any point up to the day of the event.
- The Christie Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions where necessary from time to time.
I have read and understood the Walk of Hope terms and conditions. I will abide by all rules stated and will take full responsibility for my actions on the event day.
23 September 2023
£15 for an adult - recommended donation of £50