Registrations for this year's Tower Run are now closed.
Best of luck to everyone taking part this Sunday!
Get in touch
If you have any questions please get in touch by calling the Sporting Events team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0161 446 3400.
Thank you to Rendall and Rittner and the Beetham Tower Residents Association for allowing us to hold this event.
What is a tower run?
A tower run sees participants run up the stairs of tall buildings.
Will the event be timed?
Yes, all participants will receive individual times. There will also be live timing screens displayed in Cloud 23.
How long will it take?
The fastest tower run up the Beetham Tower currently stands at 4 minutes and 17 seconds, however some people take much longer. It shouldn’t take more than an hour to reach the top.
Should I run or walk?
It’s entirely up to you. We encourage you to go at a pace that suits you.
How fit do I need to be?
You need to be confident in your own fitness to climb a significant amount of stairs in a relatively short period of time. Participants will require a reasonable level of fitness and should have practised walking or running up stairs ahead of the event.
If you are unsure about whether you are fit enough to take part in The Christie Tower Run you should consult your doctor.
Do I need to train?
We recommend you do some training ahead of the event day. Whether it’s in a gym, in the park or at home, find some stairs and walk/run up them – A LOT!
How many stairs will I climb?
Is there an age limit?
All participants must be at least 16 years old. Anyone under the age of 18 must have written consent from their parent or guardian.
Can I change my start time?
There are a limited number of places in each start time and due to health and safety reasons we must stick to those numbers.
You will only be able to change to another start time if there is space available at the discretion of The Christie events team. You can request to change your start time ahead of the event but not on the event day.
What should I wear?
This is a sporting event so we advise you treat it like one.
You will need a good pair of running shoes and a pair of light shorts or running trousers. We will provide you with a Christie running vest.
Will there be refreshments?
There will be water provided for participants during the event and after they have completed the Tower Run.
Participants will also receive a congratulatory glass of bubbly in Cloud 23.
Food will be available to purchase in Cloud 23.
When should I arrive?
You should arrive 30 minutes before your start time. This will give you plenty of time to register, store your bags and join the warm up.
Will there be space to get changed on the day?
We aren’t able to provide any changing facilities so please come ready for the event.
Can I bring a bag?
Yes, there will be a bag drop area available for participants.
Where can I park?
The closest parking available is at the Great Northern NCP car park. Prices and directions can be found on the NCP website.
How do I get there?
If you’re using a Sat Nav the address is: 303 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4LQ.
The closest tram stop is Deansgate Castlefield and the closest train station is Deansgate Station both are only a few minutes away.
Can I wear headphones during the race?
For your own and other participants safety we do not recommend you wear headphones.
By registering for The Christie Tower Run, you are agreeing to the following event terms and conditions:
- All participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- The Christie reserves the right to prohibit individuals from taking part.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the organisers at all times.
- Participants must be over the age of 16. Anyone under the age of 18 must have written consent from a parent or guardian before event day.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- Participants permit The Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner. Liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All participants must be mindful and considerate of other participants.
- All participants must raise the minimum sponsorship of £150.
- No refunds can be given.
- The Christie reserves the right to change the publicised venue at any point up to the day of the event.
By registering you are confirming that you have read and understood The Christie Tower Run terms and conditions. You will abide by all rules stated and will take full responsibility for your actions on the event day.
Sunday 24th February 2019
Beetham Tower, Manchester