Thank you to everyone from Team Christie who took part in The Christie Tower Run 2023! We hope that you had a great time on the day and are really proud of what you achieved.
If you would like to hear about some of our other upcoming exciting events, please email our sporting events team.
By participating in The Christie Tower Run in aid of The Christie charity (Registered charity no. 1049751), you are deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
- By providing your details we will contact you by email, telephone and mail about your fundraising and your participation in relation to the event.
- Participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- You are agreeing to raise a minimum of £150 in sponsorship (excluding Gift Aid), to be received by The Christie charity no later than 4 weeks after the event has taken place.
- Participants must be over the age of 16. Anyone under the age of 18 must have written consent from a parent or guardian before event day.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- You permit The Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- You accept that The Christie charity, and/or The Hilton Hotel and/ or any other event partners, are not liable for your possessions during the event.
- Your safety, and that of everyone else at the event, is of paramount importance to us. The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner, but liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- If The Christie Tower Run is delayed or cancelled due to a situation beyond our control, we will try to re-arrange the event to take place at a later date but cannot guarantee this will happen. Registration fees will be non-refundable under these circumstances.
- If The Christie Tower Run is cancelled by The Christie charity due to restrictions imposed by the Government registration COVID-19 or its variants, which would mean The Christie Tower Run is unable to place as originally planned, we will try to rearrange the event to take place on an alternative date, but we cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date you will be able to request a refund or kindly gift your registration fee to The Christie charity.
- If on the date of The Christie Tower Run, you are displaying system of Covid-19 and/or are in the possession of a positive COVID-19 test, and/or you are self-isolating, you agree you will not attend the event and lose your registration fee.
- To participate in The Christie Tower Run, on the morning of the event you must show either: evidence of a negative lateral flow test taken within 24 hours of the start of the event; or evidence of double vaccination administered at least 14 days before the event through the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App, NHS.UK, your/their vaccination card or as a letter that can be requested by ringing NHS 119 or through EU Digital COVID Certificate.
- The Christie charity reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions where necessary from time to time.
What is The Christie Tower Run?
The Christie Tower Run is a stair running event. It will be held on Sunday 12 March 2023 at the Beetham Tower. Money raised from the event goes to support The Christie charity.
How many steps are there?
There are 46 floors to take you to the top of the Beetham Tower which equals an impressive 798 steps.
Should I run or walk?
It’s entirely up to you – you can run, jog or walk. We encourage you to go at a pace that suits you.
How much does it cost?
The registration fee is £15 and we ask every participant to raise a minimum of £150 for The Christie charity.
Is my registration fee refundable?
If the event is cancelled due to a situation beyond our control or if you are unable to attend due to self-isolating or a positive COVID-19 result, your registration fee will be non-refundable.
If the event is cancelled by The Christie due to concern or restriction imposed by the Government regarding COVID-19 which would mean the event in unable to take place, we will try to arrange the event to take place at a later date, but we cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date we will refund your registration fee.
What is included in the registration fee?
Your registration fee includes a technical t-shirt or vest, timing chip, medal and a celebratory drink in Cloud 23.
Do I have to fundraise?
All participants are asked to fundraise a minimum of £150. Get in touch with a member of our events team if you would like any fundraising materials or need any advice – we are here to help!
Who can take part?
All participants must be 16 years old or above. Anyone under the age of 18 must have written consent from their parent or guardian.
Will the event be timed?
Yes, all participants will receive individual times.
There will also be live timing screens displayed in Cloud 23.
How fit do I need to be?
You need to be confident in your own fitness to climb a significant amount of stairs in a relatively short period of time. Participants will require a reasonable level of fitness and should have practised walking or running up stairs ahead of the event.
If you are unsure about whether you are fit enough to take part in The Christie Tower Run, you should consult your doctor.
Can I change my start time?
There are a limited number of places in each start time and due to health and safety reasons we must stick to those numbers.
You will only be able to change to another start time if there is space available on it and at the discretion of The Christie sporting events team.
You can request to change your start time ahead of the event but start times will not be changed on event day.
Will there be refreshments?
There will be water provided for participants during the event and after they have completed The Christie Tower Run.
Participants will also receive a celebratory drink in Cloud 23.
When should I arrive?
You should arrive 30 minutes before your start time. This will give you plenty of time to register, store your bags and join the warm-up.
Can my friends and family meet me in the Cloud 23 bar?
Yes, each participant can bring 2 guests who can wait for you to arrive in Cloud 23. Participants must register guest names before event day.
Will there be space to get changed on the day?
We aren’t able to provide any changing facilities so please come ready for the event.
Will there be first aid?
Yes, there will be first aiders. We all ask all participants to provide emergency contact details when they sign up to the event and on the back of their running number.
Where can I park?
The closest parking available is at the Great Northern NCP car park. Prices and directions can be found on the NCP website.
How do I get there?
If you’re using a satnav, the address is: 303 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4LQ.
The closet tram stop is Deansgate Castlefield – this is a few minutes’ walk away.
The closest train station is Deansgate Station – this is a few minutes’ walk away.
Can I wear headphones during the race?
For your own and other participants' safety, we do not recommend you wear headphones.
Have you got anything in place in regards to current issues surrounding COVID-19?
Our team are currently following all advice issued by the government regarding COVID-19. This information has been considered in the risk assessment as well as health and safety plan for the event and you will be sent full participant instructions closer to the event with all the vital information needed for the day. Please visit GOV.UK for the latest information, including the current situation in the UK.
This event has now passed
This event has now passed