Our annual Night of Neon event is back in 2023 and we want you to help us light up the night as we walk 5k around Salford Quays to mark World Cancer Day. Grab your legwarmers, don your neon tutu, and get the face paint on ready to dance or walk your way around our neon-themed route.
The event village at the Lowry Plaza will open at 6.30pm on Saturday 4 February 2023 and the walk will start at 7.30pm. The Night of Neon is fun for all ages so gather your friends and family and sign up today!
By joining Team Christie at the Night of Neon 2023, you will get:
- Free Christie t-shirt
- A Christie finishers medal (please note: we have a limited number of neon medals available - all participants will receive a Christie branded medal)
- A great night out for all the family whilst supporting The Christie charity
Want a place?
Sign up now using the form below.
If you want to register more than 10 participants, please contact our sporting events team on 0161 446 3400.
What is the Night of Neon?
The Night of Neon is a 5k walking event being held on Saturday 4 February 2023. Money raised from the event goes to the support The Christie charity.
Where does the Night of Neon take place?
The Night of Neon starts and finishes at the Lowry Plaza (M50 3AZ). The 5k route will take participants around Salford Quays and MediaCityUK.
Should I run or walk?
This is a walking event. We kindly ask that participants do not run.
Is my registration fee refundable?
If the event is cancelled due to a situation beyond our control, your registration fee will be non-refundable.
If the event is cancelled by The Christie due to concern or restriction imposed by the Government regarding COVID-19 which would mean the event is unable to take place, we will try to arrange the event to take place at a later date, but we cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date, we will refund your registration fee.
What is included in the registration fee?
Your registration fee includes a neon t-shirt, glow wristband and neon finisher medal.
Do I have to fundraise?
We ask all participants to fundraise a minimum of £50. Get in touch with a member of our events team if you would like any fundraising materials or need any advice, we are here to help!
Who can take part?
The event is suitable for all ages. We ask that children under the age of 16 are accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Will the event be timed?
No, the event will not be timed.
Will there be refreshments?
Water will be provided for all participants.
Will there be first aid?
Yes, there will be first aiders. We all ask all participants to provide emergency contact details on the back of their walker number.
Where can I park?
The Lowry does not have its own car park however parking is available at the Quayside multi-storey car park (formally Lowry Outlet).
How do I get there via Tram?
Use the Eccles line and the MediaCityUK line. Trams from Manchester city centre take approximately 15 minutes.
Eccles line: alight at Harbour City stop and walk for approximately 10 minutes.
MediaCityUK line: alight at MediacityUK stop and walk for approximately 5 minutes.
By participating in the Night of Neon in aid of The Christie charity (Registered charity no. 1049751), you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- By providing your details we will contact you by email, telephone and mail about your fundraising and your participation in relation to the Event.
- Participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and be supervised at all times during the event.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- The Christie charity reserves the right to prohibit individuals from taking part
- You permit The Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- You accept that The Christie charity are not liable for your possessions during the Event.
- Your safety, and that of everyone else at the event, is of paramount importance to us. The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner, but liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- If the Night of Neon is delayed or cancelled due to a situation beyond our control, we will try to re arrange the event to take place at a later date but cannot guarantee this will happen. Registration fees will be non-refundable under these circumstances.
- If the Night of Neon is cancelled by The Christie charity due to restrictions imposed by the Government registration COVID-19 or its variants, which would mean the event is unable to place as originally planned, we will try to rearrange the event to take place on an alternative date, but we cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date you will be able to request a refund or kindly gift your registration fee to The Christie charity.
- The Christie charity reserves the right to change the publicised route at any point up to the day of the event.
- The Christie charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions where necessary from time to time.
Saturday 4 February 2023
£15 adult £8 child