Have you got what it takes to conquer one of the UK’s highest bungee jumps? We’re giving you the opportunity to take to the skies from an eye watering 300ft.
With the picturesque lake of Tatton Park below, this really is a perfect location for a bungee jump. As you reach this dizzying height, you will have a few seconds to appreciate the stunning scenery below before hearing the famous words “3, 2, 1 bungee!”
By taking part in this thrilling challenge, you can help us to build The Christie at Macclesfield, a new centre designed to bring cancer care closer to home in East Cheshire.
The event will follow all current Government COVID-19 guidelines as we work to get all our fundraising events back on track. COVID-19 has hit our fundraising hard and we hope you will be able to join us at this COVID-safe event.
Want a place?
It's just £20 to sign up for the bungee jump challenge! You just need to pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £200. You'll have full, personalised support from the sporting events team to help you reach your goal.
Spaces are limited and are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Please fill in the form below to book your spot at The Christie bungee jump on Saturday 31 July 2021.
By registering for The Christie Bungee Jump 2021, you are agreeing to the following event terms and conditions
- All participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- Anyone over the age of 50 must have a signed doctors certificate to allow them to take part.
- The Christie reserves the right to prohibit individuals from taking part.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the organisers at all times.
- Participants must be over the age of 14.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- Participants permit The Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner. Liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All participants must be mindful and considerate of other participants.
- No refunds can be given.
- UK Bungee reserves the right to change or cancel the event right up until event day.
- I have read and understood The Christie Bungee Jump 2021 terms and conditions. I will abide by all rules stated and will take full responsibility for my actions on the event day.
What is the minimum age?
Participants must be at least 14 years old on the day of the event.
Participants between 14 and 16 must have a parent or guardian’s permission.
Participants over 50 will need a note from their GP to confirm there are no medical reasons to prevent you taking part.
What is the maximum weight limit?
Maximum weight limit for a solo jumper is 120kg (18.9 stone).
What size are the waist harnesses?
Waist harnesses fit waist size of 40cm (15.7 inches) to 125cm (49.2 inches).
Is there anything that could prevent me from taking part?
You cannot take part if you are pregnant.
If you have a disability or health issue which could affect your ability to take part in the bungee jump please contact the charity team and we will be happy to discuss your requirements with the event organisers.
Is it a solo or tandem bungee jump?
Can I choose what time I take part?
You’ll be allocated a time slot; jumps will take place on a rolling schedule therefore we won’t be able to guarantee your start time.
What should I wear?
We will send you a Christie t-shirt to wear on the day.
We recommend you wear trainers and securely fastened shoes. No sandals, slip-on shoes, flip flops or high heels. Please also refrain from wearing boots of anything that may interfere with ankle harnesses.
The harness goes around your legs, waist and shoulders, so it is best to avoid anything too bulky.
Long hair should be tied back.
Skirts are not recommended!
Can I wear glasses or contact lenses?
Unfortunately glasses and hard contact lenses cannot be worn, however soft contact lenses are allowed.
Who will be training me and supervising my bungee jump?
The event is being run by professional bungee experts UK Bungee. Their fully trained technicians will supervise all elements of the day to ensure your jump is safe and enjoyable.
Do I have to raise the full £200 to participate?
We’d like you to try to raise the full £200 before the event, but we can appreciate that some people won’t sponsor you until after the event so you’ll have until the end of July to raise sponsorship. Don’t forget £200 is only a minimum target!
What’s the best way to raise funds?
The easiest way to raise this money is to set up an online giving page and share it with friends, family and colleagues. All donations are sent directly to us so you don’t have to worry about collecting it post-event.
You can set up and personalise your JustGiving page here.
Can I bring spectators?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring as many spectators as you like.
Saturday 31 July 2021
£20 | Minimum sponsorship applies