Walk of Hope 2023
We'll be announcing more information about our Walk of Hope 2023 event very soon.
To be the first to find out when registrations are open, please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
We look forward to seeing you there.
How will you ensure the event is safe?
Our participants’ safety is our highest priority. We constantly review all aspects of the event and our team work with experts to identify the best way to ensure safety and social distancing. You will be sent full instructions closer to the event with all of the vital information needed ahead of the event.
Is the route suitable for wheelchairs?
Unfortunately, the route is not suitable for pushchairs, buggies or wheelchairs.
Can I bring my dog?
Is there an age limit?
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Any children under the age of 5 may need to be carried by a parent or guardian during some parts of the route.
What should I wear?
Suitable footwear should be worn at all times. Suitable footwear includes hardwearing shoes, trainers and walking boots. Flip-flops and sandals are not suitable.
The Walk of Hope is an outside 10K event and will take place in all weather conditions. Participants must dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
Are we timed?
No. The Walk of Hope is not a race and running is not permitted.
How long does it take?
Finishing times vary from participant to participant, depending on how fast or slow they walk. The Walk of Hope usually takes between 1 and a half and 3 hours.
Will there be refreshments?
Water will be provided for participants and there will be a food van at the start and finish. Participants are welcome to bring their own picnics to enjoy too.
By registering for the 2022 Walk of Hope, you are agreeing to the following event terms and conditions:
- All participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- The Christie reserves the right to prohibit individuals from taking part.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the organisers at all times.
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and be supervised at all times during the event.
- Participants permit The Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner. Liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- All participants must be mindful and considerate of other participants, the general public and Tatton Park.
- We value your support and promise to respect your privacy. By providing your personal information you agree to us recording your details on our database, so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us. We will also contact you from time to time by phone, email, text or post to tell you about how we can support you and how you can get involved with our team. Your details will be kept securely and only shared with our suppliers or partners who work on our behalf or with us to deliver and improve services for people affected by cancer. We never sell or swap your details with third parties. If you prefer us not to use your details in this way, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 0161 446 3400, or write to us at The Christie charity, 2-4 Candleford House, Manchester, M20 3JH.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Although restrictions are now lifted our team will closely monitor any updates and announcements which may affect the event. will be sent full participant instructions closer to the event with all of the vital information needed ahead of the event.
- For information on coronavirus, including guidance, support, announcements and statistics, visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- The Christie reserves the right to change the publicised route at any point up to the day of the event.
I have read and understood the Walk of Hope terms and conditions. I will abide by all rules stated and will take full responsibility for my actions on the event day.
Saturday 23 September 2022
Tatton Park, Knutsford