The Christie Hotline
0161 446 3658
A mobile and text service is also available to provide support to our patients who are communication and speech impaired. Please let your medical team know if you require this specialist contact number.
Please be aware that all calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Why do I need to know about this service?
It is important for patients and their carers to have access to information to manage side effects and any complications of treatment. This service is available to provide you with help and support at every stage of treatment.
What type of patients?
The team are trained to provide advice and support for side effects caused by radiotherapy treatment, chemotherapy and other cancer treatments. Specialists support the team in the management plan of all patients.
Contacting The Christie Hotline
- You will hear a ‘welcome’ message. Listen carefully and follow the instructions.
- Your call should be answered within 4 minutes. If your call is not answered within 9 minutes, you will be transferred to our hospital switchboard.
- The switchboard staff will contact the nurse advisor who will respond to your call. This will only occur in times of high call volume, we apologise for any delay.
All calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please have the following information available to assist The Christie Hotline team:
- Your NHS or Christie patient number
- The type of cancer treatment you're currently receiving
- A workable adult digital thermometer preferable mouth (oral) or ear (tympanic) as you may be asked for this during the assessment.
When not to call The Christie Hotline
Call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you have the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Short of breath
- Acutely bleeding
- Sudden acute abdominal pain
To help us assess patients' calls in a timely manner, please don't call The Christie Hotline for:
- Transport queries
- Scan results or blood results
- Call transfer to another department or staff member
Please be aware that during busier periods of the day, we may take longer to answer calls.
Information for healthcare professionals
Please contact the bed management office directly if a patient has already been assessed directly by Christie healthcare professionals and admission to The Christie is required. You can contact the bed management office on 0161 446 3000 via bleep.