Places for The Christie abseil are now closed, please do check back for info on our next event!
Get in touch
If you have any questions about The Christie Abseil get in touch by calling 0161 446 3400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use our hashtag #TeamChristie
What is the age limit for the abseil?
Participants must be 16 or over on the event day to participate
Is there a weight restriction?
Participants must be less than 120Kg to take part in this event
Is there anything else that could prevent me from abseiling?
You cannot take part in the event if you are pregnant. If you have a disability or health issue which could affect your ability to take part in the abseil please contact the Charity Team and we will be happy to discuss your requirements with the event organisers
Can I choose what time I take part?
You’ll be allocated a time slot to take part, but as abseils will take place on a rolling schedule we won’t be able to guarantee your start time
Can my friend and I abseil at the same time?
You can register more than one participant at a time so any participants registered together will be allocated time slots together or at adjacent times. Abseils take place on a rolling schedule, therefore the time at which a rope becomes available to put someone over the edge varies. This means that we cannot guarantee that friends can descend at exactly the same time.
What should I wear?
We’ll provide you with a Christie T-shirt, but we’d also recommend well-fitting trainers, light hiking boots, or other soft-soled shoes. No sandals, slip-on shoes, flip flops or high heels. The harness goes around your legs, waist, and shoulders, so it is best to avoid anything too bulky. Long hair should be tied back
How long will the event take?
Please allow at least two hours from your registration time for you to complete your training and abseil
Who will be training me and supervising my abseil?
The event is being run by professional abseiling experts Eight Point Two events. Their fully trained technicians will supervise all elements of the day to ensure your abseil is safe and enjoyable
Do I have to raise the full £95 to participate?
We’d like you to attempt raising the full £95 before the event, but we can appreciate that some people won’t sponsor you until after the event so you’ll have until the end of September to raise the sponsorship. Don’t forget £95 is only a minimum target!
What’s the best way to raise funds?
The easiest way to raise this money is to set up an online giving page and share this with friends, family and colleagues. This way all the money you raise is automatically sent to us and you don’t have to waste time collecting it in
By registering for The Christie Abseil, you are agreeing to the following event terms and conditions:
- All participants should be satisfied that they are fit to take part before entering the event. If you have any doubts, please refer to your GP.
- The Christie reserves the right to prohibit individuals from taking part.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the organisers at all times.
- Participants must be over the age of 16.
- Participants must weigh less than 120kg
- Time allocations are given as a guide only and may be subject to change due to matters beyond the control of The Christie and Eight Point Two
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- Participants permit the Christie to use any photographs taken during the event for any advertising or editorial purposes, including on the internet.
- The Christie will take reasonable care to ensure that the event is conducted in a safe manner. Liability cannot be accepted for any damage, injury or loss arising from the negligence of participants (whether through failure to observe the rules of the event or otherwise).
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All participants must be mindful and considerate of other participants.
- We value your support and promise to respect your privacy. By providing your personal information you agree to us recording your details on our database, so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us. We will also contact you from time to time by phone, email, text or post to tell you about how we can support you and how you can get involved with our team. Your details will be kept securely and only shared with our suppliers or partners who work on our behalf or with us to deliver and improve services for people affected by cancer. We never sell or swap your details with third parties. If you prefer us not to use your details in this way, you can email email@example.com, telephone 0161 446 3400, or write to us at The Christie charity, 2-4 Candleford House, Manchester, M20 3JH.
- No refunds can be given.
- Eight Point Two events reserves the right to change or cancel the event right up until event day
- The Christie Charity reserves the right to change or cancel the event right up until event day
- I have read and understood The Christie Abseil terms and conditions. I will abide by all rules stated and will take full responsibility for my actions on the event day.
Sunday 17th September 2017