- We have TYA specialist staff nurses who have experience and are experts at caring for young people.
- Each young person will be given a ‘key worker’. This person is a senior nurse and will help coordinate care over the treatment pathway.
- The TYA service has a Lead Nurse (funded by Teenage Cancer Trust) who works to ensure all young people across the North West have access to services that are appropriate for them.
- CLIC Sargent funds 2 full time social workers at The Christie.
- Social workers can help you get access to funds that are available and offer emotional support to young people and their families/carers
- Funded by Teenage Cancer Trust the youth worker provides activities and events both on and off the ward for young people who are having treatment.
- The focus of the role is to allow young people to get to know each other, to offer emotional support and to enable young people to be young people – both through treatment and afterwards.
Physio and Occupational Therapy:
- Young people having treatment on Palatine ward have access to a young person’s physio and occupational therapist.
- They can provide emotional, supportive and physical care both while young people are in treatment and afterwards.