Medical equipment management
The Medical Equipment Management group provides technical, and training support to clinical departments in the fields of Electronic and Mechanical Engineering, with a particular emphasis on Medical Instrumentation.
The Group comprises:
- Six workshops supporting the University of South Manchester Hospitals
- Two workshops supporting The Christie
- One supporting Withington Community Hospital.
Our staff comprise 33 highly skilled, graduate, technical and clerical support staff making 35.
This covers the following areas of expertise
- Comprehensive Inventory Compilation
- Contract Monitoring
- Safety Testing
- Performance Testing
- Cost Monitoring
- Pre-Purchase Evaluation
- Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM)
- Breakdown and Repair Service
- Medical Equipment Library
Research and development
The group provides advice on all aspects of equipment to support research projects.
Teaching and training
- Provision of training in operation and user maintenance to clinical and professional staff.
- Advising on training programmes and competency assessment.
The group operates within BS EN ISO 9001:2000 quality system.
- Ms Andrea Wilson
- Tel: 0161 446 3541
- E-mail email@example.com