Using your personal information
The information you supply will be used to contact you about services or resources you have requested from the Library. We will also email you from time to time to tell you about existing or new services and resources.
Sharing your personal information
We will only share your information with the organisations that supply and manage our library management system, OpenAthens and KnowledgeShare in order to deliver the services you have asked for. We may share your information with another library team if you move organisations (you will receive an email notification if this happens). In the case of the non-return of books we will need to share information with other organisations in order to recover the resource.
Accessing your personal information
You can see the data held about you and change your personal information at the following:
· The library management system at https://christie.libertyasp.co.uk (logon using your Library PIN)
· At www.knowledgeshare.nhs.uk (using your NHS OpenAthens logon)
· At https://openathens.nice.org.uk/Hub (using your OpenAthens logon)
You can also request changes by emailing email@example.com
Deleting your personal information
After leaving the Trust or unsubscribing, your information is kept on the library membership or OpenAthens for a maximum of 2 years to allow us to collect statistical data we are required to report on. KnowledgeShare has a 2 year retention policy in order to allow you swiftly to move to other Trusts who use the system.
Library standards and rules
Our commitment to our users
- Provide a friendly, helpful and responsive service which reflects user needs.
- Practice high levels of customer care at all times.
- Maintain an up-to-date collection of materials and resources appropriate to trust needs.
- Provide access to relevant online resources as appropriate.
- Promote user education and provide training to facilitate maximum use of library resources and to support lifelong learning.
- Provide 24 hour access via a Christie ID badge
- Invest in the ongoing training and development of our staff to enable the continued provision of a high quality and relevant service.
95% carried out within given timescale.
95% of all enquiries will be responded to as follows:
- assistance in the Library will normally be given within 10 minutes during staffed opening hours
- enquiries received by phone and email before 4pm on working days will be responded to the same day.
95% requests actioned within 1 working day
80% requests for articles and book loans satisfied
90% requests delivered within 7 working days
Your commitment to us
Help us to help you by:
- Treating other users and the library staff with consideration and respect.
- Providing full and accurate details when requesting information.
- Being responsible for all items borrowed in your name, returning or renewing them on or before the due date.
- Treating all library materials, equipment and furniture with care and leaving the library clean and tidy when you go.
- Adhering to current copyright regulations when using the photocopiers provided.
- Respecting the operational use of GDPR principles.
- Working within Trust I.T. policies (copies are available on the Intranet).
- Taking responsibility for one’s own possessions; taking pen drives etc with you.
Help us to influence service development by:
- Being proactive with suggestions and comments.
- Taking part in user surveys and focus groups when requested.