Cystic Fibrosis Trials Meeting 2019 -Building on Trials Success
Friday 29th March 2019
This meeting is intended for Clinical Leads, Research Leads, Research Nurses, Research Coordinators or Fellow Principal Investigators working in Cystic Fibrosis.
Attendance is by invitation only.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received an invitation.
The inaugural CT trials meeting in 2018 attracted over 100 Principal Investigators and research team members from both adult and paediatric CF teams across the UK as well as research coordinators and research nurses working in CF.
The programme for the 2019 event proposes a number of highly regarded UK and international speakers, and has been developed by the scientific committee to cover a broad range of stakeholders and to respond to the needs of the trials community. The objectives are to inform about current trials activity, to consider some of the challenges that we may face in the future, to look at alternative trial designs, to look at how to build a trials portfolio, and to discuss how best to engage with patients to improve recruitment.
- Inform about the trials environment and initiatives that are underway to support trial activities
Consider some of the future challenges, including economic and political
- Look at what motivates patients and how alternative trial designs may help recruitment/retention
- Discuss how to build a trials portfolio, and what resources are available to help with this
- Discuss how best to normalise research as a routine part of CF care
- To engage with significant stakeholders, including patients, CF Trust and pharma
Dr Alex Horsley, Manchester Adult CF Centre and University of Manchester
Prof Jane Davies, Paediatric CF Centre Royal Brompton Hospital and Imperial College London
Dr Helen Barr, Nottingham Adult CF Centre
Dr Keith Brownlee, Director of Impact Cystic Fibrosis Trust