Cystic Fibrosis Trials Meeting 2019 -Building on Trials Success
Friday 29th March 2019
This meeting is intended for Clinical Leads, Research Leads, Research Nurses, Research Coordinators or Fellow Principal Investigators working in Cystic Fibrosis.
Attendance is by invitation only.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received an invitation.
The inaugural CT trials meeting in 2018 attracted over 100 Principal Investigators and research team members from both adult and paediatric CF teams across the UK as well as research coordinators and research nurses working in CF.
The programme for the 2019 event proposes a number of highly regarded UK and international speakers, and has been developed by the scientific committee to cover a broad range of stakeholders and to respond to the needs of the trials community.
The objectives are to inform about current trials activity, to consider some of the challenges that we may face in the future, to look at alternative trial designs, to look at how to build a trials portfolio, and to discuss how best to engage with patients to improve recruitment.
- Informed meeting in regards to the trials environment and initiatives that are underway to support trial activities
- Consider some of the future challenges, including economic and political
- Look at what motivates patients and how alternative trial designs may help recruitment/retention
- Discuss how to build a trials portfolio, and what resources are available to help with this
- Discuss how best to normalise research as a routine part of CF care
- To engage with significant stakeholders, including patients, CF Trust and pharma
Dr Alex Horsley, Manchester Adult CF Centre and University of Manchester
Prof Jane Davies, Paediatric CF Centre Royal Brompton Hospital and Imperial College London
Dr Helen Barr, Nottingham Adult CF Centre
Dr Keith Brownlee, Director of Impact Cystic Fibrosis Trust
Criteria and guidance for poster submission
The Cystic Fibrosis Trials meeting is being held on 29th March 2019. There is an opportunity for you to submit a poster for presentation at the meeting.
Poster Themes as the following;
- a company summary
- a pipeline summary
- a summary of a clinical trial that is open or will be open soon
- a presentation of data from previous studies
Please can you inform the team that you will be submitting a poster by the 8th March 2019, by email to email@example.com
Your poster must be prepared as an A1 sized poster in portrait format.
Posters can be brought with you on the day, and on arrival a member of the team will show you to the display area. Boards will be provided. We encourage you to go for something eye catching and colourful.
- All posters must be size A1 in portrait orientation. Please note, that due to space restrictions we are unable to accept alternative sizes or orientations.
- We encourage you to go for something eye catching and colourful.
- The poster does not have to be professionally printed
- All posters must clearly portray the applicants’ full name and a relevant contact email address should conference delegates and the committee wish to contact poster presenters after the conference has drawn to a close.
- It is the responsibility of poster presenters to print and transport their own posters to the conference.
- Delegates should arrive early on the day and will have the opportunity to put up posters from 8.30am.
- It is expected that the submitter will remove their poster at the end of the conference otherwise the poster will be disposed of by the School of Oncology Events Team.
- By displaying your poster you agree that it may be made available to delegates electronically.
- Poster boards will be made available at the event to display selected posters.
Don’t forget to book your place to attend via https://cftrials2019.eventbrite.co.uk