- There are drop-off points at the Oak Road and Wilmslow Road entrances. Click here to find out about upcoming developments that may temporarily affect parking on Oak Road.
- Car park C (multi-storey) on Palatine Road is for patients and patient's visitors. Accessible parking (Blue Badge) is available.
- Car park D on Wilmslow Road is also for patients and patient's visitors. Accessible parking (Blue Badge holders) is available.
- The Trust cannot guarantee a car park space on site.
- As you enter the car park, take a ticket at the barrier and park.
- Before you return to your vehicle when you are leaving, insert the ticket and money in to the Pay Station.
- There is a Pay Station for use only in car park C (multi-storey) located on the ground floor by the pedestrian exit. Coins are accepted but not notes or cards.
- There is a Pay Station inside car park D. There is another Pay Station for car park D only inside Oak Road main reception. Coins and notes are accepted but not cards.
- The Pay Stations give change and receipts.
- Charges are displayed at the Pay Stations.
- Charges: first 30 minutes are free; then charges apply, currently £1.50 per day.
- There is a cash machine in the Oak Road main reception.
- On returning to your vehicle, please insert your validated ticket at the barrier to exit the car park.
- Please note: when visiting The Christie, please be aware of the local parking restrictions by checking signage and road markings. The roads surrounding The Christie are subject to the following restrictions:
- Resident parking will be free at all times
- Anyone can park free before 8am, after 6pm and at weekends
- At other times you will need a permit to park for more than three hours
- Narrow streets will have 'residents parking only beyond this point' signs. Only permit holders can park on those streets.
- A map of the restricted areas is available here
Map of the car parking for patients and visitors
Blue Badge holders
- Blue Badge holders are exempt from car parking charges.
- Before you return to your vehicle, please take your ticket and Blue Badge for validation to the Security Office, Oak Road foyer - open 24 hours, Monday to Sunday. Please note that the parking timer disc should remain in your vehicle.
- Often, inpatients do not feel well enough to drive home when they are discharged. Please avoid leaving your car on site during your stay at The Christie.
- Long stay passes may be available for relatives of patients who have prolonged inpatient stays.
Help with travel and car parking costs
- Help may be available if you receive certain types of benefit, allowance or credit.
- To claim costs, please bring the car park receipts and proof of eligibility to the cashier's office (Dept 16/17) ground floor, just inside the swing doors near the restaurant.
- Open 9:30am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Your views are important
- We consider all comments, queries and complaints. Please contact PALS on 0161 446 8217 email firstname.lastname@example.org