The services provided by CMPE provide the professional and technical advice and support to enable employers to meet these and other relevant legislative requirements. Additionally, expertise is available to support a variety of imaging needs, such as the evaluation and optimisation of image quality, and the manipulation and analysis of digital images.
We have a well-established, quality management system in place which is accredited under the international quality standard ISO 9001:2008.
This covers the following areas of expertise:
- assisting with equipment specification and selection
- radiological room design
- critical examinations and acceptance testing
- routine safety and performance testing
- local quality assurance programmes
- calibration of QC equipment
- patient and staff dosimetry
- incident investigation
- advice and assistance with research projects
- staff training (see below for further details)
- advice on compliance with ionising radiations regulations
For the following systems:
- general radiography
- direct digital and computed radiography systems (CR/DR)
- interventional rooms
- hybrid theatres
- mobile systems
- computed tomography, including hybrid imaging
- dental radiography
CMPE has considerable expertise in relevant research and development work. Research and development interests within the diagnostic radiology physics section currently include:
- Quality control techniques in Diagnostic Radiology
- Staff and patient dose measurement and optimisation
- Dental cone beam CT (CMPE participated in the SEDENTEXCT project)
The section provides healthcare scientist training for the NHS practitioner and scientist training programmes.
The section also participates in a number of other educational activities, such as:
- Lecturing on Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses at the University of Manchester
- Teaching on the NW Deanery training programme for Clinical Radiologists
- Providing specialist training for staff, including radiation protection supervisors and cardiologists
Staff actively participate in a range of professional matters ranging from refereeing scientific papers to providing advice to national and international bodies.
These positions include:
- IPEM Special Interest Group and working party membership
- NHS HCS training programme recruitment and assessment
- The group operates within BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality system
- We are recognised by the HSE as a Radiation Protection Advisor body
- Training for healthcare scientists in diagnostic radiology.
- The group produces advice sheets to assist with common questions. The complete documents are available to customers of CMPE
- Prof Andrew Jones
For more information please contact:
- Tel: 0161 446 3541
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.