The services provided by CMPE provide the professional and technical advice and support to enable employers to meet these and other relevant legislative requirements. Additionally, expertise is available to support a variety of imaging needs, such as the evaluation and optimisation of image quality, and the manipulation and analysis of digital images.
We have a well-established, quality management system in place which is accredited under the international quality standard ISO 9001:2008.
This covers the following areas of expertise:
- assisting with equipment specification and selection
- radiological room design
- critical examinations and acceptance testing
- routine safety and performance testing
- local quality assurance programmes
- calibration of QC equipment
- patient and staff dosimetry
- incident investigation
- advice and assistance with research projects
- staff training (see below for further details)
- advice on compliance with ionising radiations regulations
For the following systems:
- general radiography
- direct digital and computed radiography systems (CR/DR)
- interventional rooms
- hybrid theatres
- mobile systems
- computed tomography, including hybrid imaging
- dental radiography
Research and development
CMPE has considerable expertise in relevant research and development work. Research and development interests within the diagnostic radiology physics section currently include:
- Quality control techniques in Diagnostic Radiology
- Staff and patient dose measurement and optimisation
- Dental cone beam CT (CMPE participated in the SEDENTEXCT project)
Teaching and training
The section provides healthcare scientist training for the NHS practitioner and scientist training programmes.
The section also participates in a number of other educational activities, such as:
- Lecturing on Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses at the University of Manchester
- Teaching on the NW Deanery training programme for Clinical Radiologists
- Providing specialist training for staff, including radiation protection supervisors and cardiologists
Staff actively participate in a range of professional matters ranging from refereeing scientific papers to providing advice to national and international bodies.
These positions include:
- IPEM Special Interest Group and working party membership
- NHS HCS training programme recruitment and assessment
- The group operates within BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality system
- We are recognised by the HSE as a Radiation Protection Advisor body
- Training for healthcare scientists in diagnostic radiology.
- The group produces advice sheets to assist with common questions. The complete documents are available to customers of CMPE
- Prof Andrew Jones
For more information please contact:
- Tel: 0161 446 3541
- E-mail email@example.com.