Therefore it is important to follow a varied healthy diet. You can do this by:
- Reducing your intake of high energy foods (high in sugar and fat) and sugary drinks
- Eating 5 portions of different coloured fruit and vegetables a day
- Eat less red and processed meats
- Eating less salty foods and processed foods
- Increase your fibre foods (whole grains, pulses, fruit and vegetables)
- Limit your alcohol intake
You may need to change the balance of your diet if you are undergoing cancer treatment and or are having problems with eating or unintentional weight loss. It is important to eat plenty of energy foods to help fight infection, minimise weight loss and improve your energy levels.
Advice can be found in the links below.
If you require a dietician referral ask your GP to refer you to your local service.